Payroll Deduction Schemes
We run savings and loans schemes with various employers within our operating area. Our schemes allow employees of companies, charities and other organisations represented locally to access the Credit Union’s services through their wages.
If you are an employer
We are always looking for new employers to work with. If you’re interested in finding out more about offering a Payroll Deduction Scheme to your employees, please contact us. You might be asking, why should I offer my employees the chance to join the Credit Union? Here are some of the reasons for doing so:
- For no cost you can offer an employee benefit that staff really value
- Employees can save as little or as much as they want, on a regular basis, through their wages
- Saving money regularly helps employees to manage their money more effectively and helps to protect them from financial stress, which can affect their performance at work
- Credit unions offer ethical investments and the money invested in Barrow & District Credit Union benefits the local community
- Our loans service offers employees a responsible, low interest alternative to payday and high interest lenders
If you are an employee
Please check with your employer if they already have a Payroll Deduction Scheme with ourselves. If they haven’t, please ask them to contact us and we can agree to set one up.
Payroll deduction is a really easy way to access our services with your regular savings and/or loan repayments being deducted from your monthly or weekly pay.
The scheme is totally flexible. You are free to save as little or as much as you want and to change the amount you save, or stop saving, at any time.
Download the Fact Sheet below for more information about the scheme and find out how to join.
Some of the employers we currently work with:
- Cumbria County Council
- Furness College
- Mind In Furness
- RfM Chartered Accountants
- Wax Lyrical