Loan Appointment Checklist
When you come in for your appointment, please remember to bring the following items:
Proof of Income
- 2 months’ full bank statements for all Post Office, bank, building society or savings accounts
- 3 months’ wage slips, for all paid employment
- Letters of all benefits showing calculations of how much is being paid
Proof of Expenditure
Please bring with you all documentation relating to everything you pay out, including the following:
- Details of any outstanding mortgages or loans e.g. bank loans, payday loans, online loans, high street loans and doorstep loans
- Tenancy agreement
- Water, gas and electricity, council tax, TV license, Sky and mobile phone bills
- Credit card statements
- Catalogue statements
- Evidence of other regular payments for things you have bought
- Child maintenance payments
Documentation must be from the company on headed paper showing how much was borrowed and how much is outstanding, the date the loan was taken out and the final payment due date, along with the amount paid weekly/monthly and any payment books or receipts.
If you have any of the following:
- County court judgement (CCJ)
- Court fines
- Debt management plan
- Bankruptcy or any other debt plan
We need details of the date when the order was made, the amounts due to be paid and the balance outstanding.
Loan appointments take approximately 1 hour.
If you do not bring all the required documentation with you, this will delay your loan being agreed.
If any further documentation is requested, you should provide this within 2 weeks to prevent your loan application being cancelled.
Top-up loans still require all of the above and all information must be up to date.